left wall

Malta & Gozo Medical Healthcare

  home property for sale our services about malta FAQ contact us

Malta & Gozo Medical Healthcare

Health Care

General Information on Medical Healthcare Provision for EU/EEA Citizen Resident in Malta.

To be eligible for healthcare treatment at the same level as provided to a Maltese citizen, ANY EU/EEA citizen resident in Malta has to check with their country of origin whether they are eligible to be issued with an E Form from their country of origin. The E form has then to be presented to the Entitlement Unit of the Ministry of Health in Valletta. This Unit will then issue E form holders with a Certificate of Entitlement, which will have to be presented to Government Hospitals and Health Centres when seeking medical attention. Without a Certificate of Entitlement, the relevant Hospital or Clinic will ask for payment for services, this affects all EU/EEA citizens resident in Malta IRRESPECTIVE OF CURRENT RESIDENCY STATUS.

The criteria for the granting of an E form are laid down by a resident’s country of origin, who ultimately reimburses the country of residence for medical care provided. Members should, therefore be in touch with the relevant Social Security/Pension offices of their country of origin for non-UK citizens resident in Malta it is recommend you call the Entitlement Unit at the Ministry of Health in Valletta on (00356) 21224071. They will be able to direct you to the appropriate department in your country of origin.

Basically, the two E forms that are mainly involved for EU citizens resident in Malta are:

E106 - for residents — for non-pensioners and those working in Malta
E121 - for residents — mainly for pensioners and other benefit recipients

EU citizens paying national insurance contributions in Malta will be eligible to receive the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC formerly known as the Form E111) from the Entitlement Unit of the Maltese Government to cover emergency treatment during visits to other EU/EEA countries.

Useful contacts for Britons living or working abroad:

The Pension Service
Medical Benefits Section
Room TC001
Tyneview Park
Whitley Road, Newcastle Upon Tyne
Tel: 0044-191-2187777
Email: tvp-customer-care@dwp.gsi.gov.uk

Inland Revenue
Centre for Non Residents
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE98 1ZZ
Tel: 0044-191-2254811
Email: non-residents@inland revenue.go.uk

To obtain your CERTIFICATE OF ENTITLEMENT from the Government of Malta, present your relevant E Form to:

The Entitlement Unit of Ministry of Health (Elderly & Community Care)
24 St John Street,
Valletta, CMR02
Tel: 21224071
Fax:: 21230863
Email: entitlement.mhec@gov.mt

Winter hours are Mon -Fri 08.00 — 12.30 and 13.15-17.00.
Summer hours (16 June to 1 October) are 07.30 — 13.30

Useful Links, which offer a wealth of information in connection with Healthcare;

Ministry of Health, the Elderly and Community Care

Property for Sale
Holiday Let
Reduced Price Property
Property under € 150,000
Quality Property
New Developments
Sell / Rent my Property
malta homes top menu
Select a Currency
malta homes bottom menu
malta homes top menu
Property for Sale Search

arrow pointing down  


malta homes bottom menu
View My Wish List
Useful Links
Privacy Policy
malta homes top menu
Malta Office
(00356) 27 400 400
Malta Fax
(00356) 21 430 999 
UK Office
(0044)0208 133 5775

call Malta Homes Estate Agent on Skype
Address:  Malta Homes
Estate Agents Ltd,
No8. Main Street, Naxxar, NXR 1802
malta homes bottom menu
2007 Maltahomes
Estate Agency
All rights reserverd.
malta homes left end malta homes content bottom
home | property for sale | our services | about malta | FAQ | contact us
web design and web development by 247 Limited
Malta Homes Estate Agents structure image